k.Air is the ready-to-use solution for managing air handling and ventilation units.
k.Air is a preprogrammed and fully-configurable controller, designed to reduce times and costs, from design right through to commissioning. It offers considerable flexibility, so as manage as many applications as possible, from the simplest to the most complex unit.
The distinctive feature of k.Air is the result of CAREL's extensive experience in air handling unit and humidification management applications. Its intelligent control logic in fact ensures comfort, indoor air quality and a healthy environment, always with the lowest energy consumption, through hygienic and efficient operation of all of the components of the air handling unit.
k.Air offers an advanced user experience: simplified access to information for users and service via an integrated web interface. A set of graphic pages with unit dashboards are available from first start-up, ready to be used with the new pGDx family of touchscreen displays.
A single application with modular architecture, designed to adapt to a wide range of application layouts.
Easy configuration and commissioning.
- Pre-loaded configurations;
- Custom configurations generated by an external tool;
- Auto-Backup of the last active configuration;
- Manual configuration via display of all the unit's components;
Simplified integration, both in the field with the unit's components, and integration with higher-level supervisory systems or BMS via built-in serial and Ethernet communication. Standard building automation protocols such as Modbus and BACnet are native in the controller.
Built-in web interface with graphic pages and dashboards.
Air quality and hygiene
- Indoor air quality control
- Accurate control of isothermal and adiabatic humidification
- VDI-6022 program, with functions to improve unit hygiene based on the requirements of the VDI standard
- Smart device management based on minimum energy consumption
- Freecooling, freeheating, heat recovery and indirect evaporative cooling
- Management of direct expansion systems with DC compressors and EEV synchronisation
* Entries are ordered by date
Code Description Language Date * Release Code +030220980 Description k.Air Controllo per unità di trattamento aria Language ITA Date 31/03/2020 Release 1.1 Code +030220981 Description k.Air Air handling unit controller Language ENG Date 31/03/2020 Release 1.1 Code +030220982 Description k.Air Commande pour unités de traitement d’air Language FRE Date 31/03/2020 Release 1.1
* Entries are ordered by date
Code Description Language Date * Release Code +3000164IT Description k.water e k.air Soluzioni per l’integrazione degli impianti HVAC Language ITA Date 09/09/2019 Release 2.0 Code +3000164EN Description Solutions for integration of HVAC systems Language ENG Date 09/09/2019 Release 2.0 Code +3000164FR Description Solutions pour l’intégration des systèmes HVAC Language FRE Date 09/09/2019 Release 2.0 Code +3000164ES Description Soluciones para la integración de instalaciones HVAC Language SPA Date 09/09/2019 Release 2.0